- The Ocean Park Conservation
Foundation was established in 1993 by Ocean
Park Corporation.. Now is a registered charitable trust.
- The Foundation's mission is to "take a leadership role in education and
conservation activities involving dolphins and whales and their habitats in East and
Southeast Asia". The five-year Foundation action plan encompasses 16 specific
projects, including four with the Yangtze River dolphin, or baiji - the most endangered
dolphin species in the world. Others involve the Indo-Pacific Humpbacked dolphin or
Chinese White dolphins in Hong Kong waters.
Chinese White Dolphin - the Hong Kong resident dolphin.
How can you help to save Endangered Whales &
Dolphins? "Brick by Brick
"Friends of the Ocean" Signature Brick Programme
- At present, the Foundation's most urgent environmental project is to help save
the seriously endangered Baiji, the rapidly disappearing dolphins of the Yangtze River
whose population has dropped from 400 to less than 100 in the past 15 years.
- You can personally help in the rescue of these unique, intelligent and beautiful
creatures and you'll be prominently recognised for your contribution.
- Join the Ocean Park Conservation Foundation's "Friends of the Ocean"
Signature Brick Programme, and your name will be inscribed on one of the annually -
renewable bricks that form part of the new Ocean Park Conservation Square - located at the
Park's Main Entrance Plaza.
- Your HK$1,000 or 5,000 contribution to the Signature Brick Programme will also
bring you a one-time admission to the Park, a stylish Ocean Park Conservation Foundation
pin, a Contributor's Certificate, a free subscription to the Ocean Park Conservation
Foundation Newsletter and a Lucky Draw chance to win behind-the-scenes tours of Ocean
Park's marine facilities.
- But most importantly, it will bring the satisfaction of knowing that you,
personally, have done something positive to help conserve the Earth's wildlife. Are you
aware that only ten signatures i.e. two bricks on our Signature Brick Wall, will buy a
medical kit to keep the dolphins healthy.
- Support Form (click and
link to the form)
- On top of the "Friends of the Ocean" Signature Bricks Programme, there
is also a corporate sponsorship programme. Interested parties can call at 2873 8679 or fax
2553 8302 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org